Audit Supervisor overview
– Sydney NSW
– Audit – External (Accounting)
– Full time
– Remuneration will be based on your experience
BYRONS is one of the largest independent accounting firms in NSW. We are trusted advisors who deliver results while caring about our client’s situation and outcome.
About the Role:
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Audit Senior or Supervisor to join our expanding Audit and Assurance team. This role is designed to attract seniors developing into Supervisors and Supervisors moving into a Managers role who want exposure to a variety of clients and industries, you also have the opportunity to work with Australia local businesses listed, public and private companies, foreign controlled businesses in Australia with various sizes and other organisations via our audit team. The role provides opportunities to build in-depth technical skills and leadership capability and has a supportive career pathway to leadership positions.
Work directly with the partner who will help support you building strong relationships with your clients, while you support and assistance junior team members when working with them on audit engagements.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Working closely partner
- Opportunity to work with foreign controlled businesses in Australia in various sizes
- High level of client interaction
- CA/CPA fees paid
- Strong focus on training and development
- Access to local and global training programs
- Casual Fridays
- Extra day off at Christmas
Day to Day
- Running medium to large audit engagements from planning to successful completion
- Understanding internal control procedures and implementing internal control testing for external audit
- Providing high-level technical audit and assurance advice to clients and 3rd parties
- Prepare audit planning, risk responses and completion documentation
- Providing advice to the client around the application of accounting standards and policies
- Preparation and Review of General-Purpose Financial Reports for audit and non-audit clients if needed
- Coordination with client and other team members
- Review and coaching other junior team members
- Assistance in special projects
- 3 – 6 years’ experience in professional services with an emphasis on Audit and Assurance.
- Exposure to larger client groups and sophisticated business structures with multiple entities and technical complexity.
- Holding an understanding of AASB standards (IFRSs) and AuASBs as well as how to effectively conduct audit work
- Adhere to our client service standards
- Conduct our business in compliance with ethical practice
- Be accountable for your own work
- Be committed to continuous improvement and professional development
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or similar undergraduate degree.
- Completed or nearing completion – Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- Strong ability to build rapport easily with a diverse range of stakeholders (internal and external)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong exposure to accounting software, including but not limited to Caseware, Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks
BYRONS combine local knowledge with global connection and resources as members of PrimeGlobal. We care about you and will support your career development.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on your qualifications and experience.
To apply, we value you sending your resume and covering letter via email: [email protected].
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply.